RACE TO ZERO PLEDGE
Our company recognises the importance of making a full and lasting commitment to reducing the greenhouse gas emissions from our activities, in support of the wider commitment of the world to limit global temperature increases and the impact on the planet.
As a signatory member of the Network Net Zero Community, we commit to the following:
1.For our company to achieve Net Zero in line with the Science Based targets set out by the UNFCCC i.e., to achieve Net Zero no later than 2050 and target a 50% reduction in emissions by 2030.
2. To set realistic short- and long-term targets that are designed to achieve our Net Zero commitments.
3. To report the total Greenhouse Gas emissions of our business regularly and for our performance to be part of the Community’s annual reporting back to the UNFCCC. We acknowledge that our commitment will be reported on the Network Net Zero website. Court House Care made its pledge to the Race to Zero via the Network Net Zero Community on the 21st of January 2022. The record of the pledge can be found at https://www.futurenetzero.com/un-race-to-zero/.
We’ve been on a journey over the last few years:
- Improving the heating system by upgrading the boilers
- Replacement of windows to double glazing
- Using LED bulbs
- The Cycle to work scheme
- Installing the Electrical vehicle charger
- More recycling bins and better signage
- Bee-friendly (and other insects!) planting
- Reducing use of toxic cleaning products and garden chemicals